Glendale, Arizona sits in an arid desert with a mountain view, just a few miles northwest of Phoenix. Many notable companies offering some of the highest-paying careers have established a presence in Glendale, like AAA, Coca-Cola and Humana.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top industries in Glendale are:
- Health care
- Accommodation and food services
- Administrative and support services
- Waste management
- Finance and insurance
- Public administration
In addition to the top industries in Glendale, the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) focuses its efforts on these fastest-growing industries:
- Aerospace and defense
- Bioscience and health care
- Business and financial services
- Film and digital media
- Technology and innovation
The ACA also offers two programs to connect their workforce with training and jobs -- job training grants that offer up to 75 percent reimbursement for eligible job training when new jobs are created, and a Navigator program that connects skilled employees with businesses looking for top talent. This is one of the reasons why Glendale is good for trade students.
Glendale Trade and Vocational Schools
Glendale is home to a handful of schools that offer trade, vocational and two-year degree programs:
- Arizona College
- Arizona State University-West
- Midwestern University
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Western Truck School
Why is Glendale Good for Vocational Students?
With Arizona College and Arizona State University having a local presence, Glendale has ample opportunity to find a degree program that yields a stable, secure job.
There are also job training opportunities offered through various departments within the city. Some of these opportunities include:
- Arizona@Work: Residents can receive career counseling, skills development and job and placement services. Arizona@Work coordinates with the community to find the right training solutions for employer needs.
- Arizona Department of Economic Security: Work-eligible individuals can participate in training programs and improve their skillset. Other specialized services may be offered to encourage the removal of barriers to employment.
The city of Glendale offers access to job training through employer incentives and has a comprehensive job placement program to help people find suitable work. Learn more about vocational career options in the area reading about Arizona trade schools.
Learn More about Glendale
Education and Earnings
|# Enrolled in College
|Median Earnings Without High School Degree
|Median Earnings With High School Degree
|Median Earnings With Associate Degree
|Average Commute Time
|% Commutes by Walking
|% Commutes by Bicycle
|% Commutes by Public Transportation
|Median Housing Cost
|Median Gross Rent
|Median House Value