Aurora, Colorado, sits on the edge of Denver next to both a state park and a national wildlife refuge. It can be an idyllic place to start a career, especially a vocational career.
Top Industries and Employers in Aurora
In addition to being a peaceful place to live, the top industries in Aurora, including some of the fastest-growing industries, are:
- Health care
- Accommodation and food services
- Administrative and support services
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Finance and insurance
The largest employers in Aurora are the following, of which many vocational careers are apart of:
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- Raytheon Company
- Kaiser Permanente
- HealthONE: The Medical Center of Aurora
- 24-7 Intouch
The highest-paying careers in Aurora include these jobs:
- Architectural and engineering managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Marketing managers
- Financial managers
- Sales managers
Why is Aurora Good for Vocational Students?
Students can find several vocational schools in Aurora that cover a variety of different degree programs:
- Pima Medical Institute
- Concorde Career College
- Pickens Technical College
- Xenon International Academy
- American Sentinel University
- Community College of Aurora
With a number of trade schools in Aurora, the city is a good place to research different degree programs and settle on a decision for a couple of years. With two of the top employers in the city being in the health care industry, Pima Medical Institute is a great choice for technical schools in Aurora.
Many degree programs in finance, insurance, administrative, support services, professional, scientific and technical services industries are available to vocational students.
In short, Aurora, Colorado has a lot to offer vocational, trade and technical students looking to broaden their career horizons. Learn more about trade schools in Colorado for more insight.