Seattle, Washington is widely known for the Space Needle and Starbuck Coffee shops on every other corner. Not only that, but Seattle is second runner up as the fastest-growing city in the United States. Denver and Austin are the only cities that came before it. It is only natural that there are opportunities to grow your educational background and professional trade in this city.
Top Employers and Industries in Seattle
Seattle is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Amazon, Microsoft, and Nordstrom are just a few companies that thrive in or near the Seattle area.
If you are in the market for a successful and highest-paying careers in Seattle, science and technology is the number one category to undertake. Computer and information systems and computer programming are just a couple titles that are the highest-paying in the city.
Facebook's Seattle office offers employees a diverse work environment and ability to grow within the information and communication technology fields. Convoy is a major freight company that connects shippers and carriers within the trucking industry. Venture General Contracting provides general contractor service for construction management in Seattle.
A few of Seattle's major fastest-growing industries you may like to delve into regarding your education include:
- Higher education
- Information and communication technology
- Business and financial services
- · Transportation
Trade Schools in Seattle
A few of Seattle's vocational school options are:
- Seattle Central College offers basic and transitional studies, continuing education, career training, and even bachelor's degree services. This is an ideal college choice for students who would like a variety of choices within the institution they select. Students can expect to study in areas such as business management, educational and human services, technology, and much more.
- Prima Medical Institute involves certificates, associate and bachelor's degrees within the medical fields. Students have the option in fields such as medical administrative assistant, pharmacy technician, occupational therapy, and many others.
- Bates Technical College, located just outside of Seattle, is a technical school that offers degrees in continuing education, allied health, business and finance, information technology, and transportation technology, among others.
Seattle offers a diverse range of trade topics and educational backgrounds, as well as jobs in some of the highest-paying vocational careers. Whether you are looking for a new profession or choosing to improve upon your current education, Seattle is a highly populated city full of opportunity. Learn more, and read about trade schools in Washington.
Learn More about Seattle
Education and Earnings
|# Enrolled in College||50,967|
|Median Earnings Without High School Degree||$25,773|
|Median Earnings With High School Degree||$31,526|
|Median Earnings With Associate Degree||$40,545|
|Average Commute Time||28 minutes|
|% Commutes by Walking||11%|
|% Commutes by Bicycle||3.6%|
|% Commutes by Public Transportation||21.8%|
|Median Housing Cost||$1,673|
|Median Gross Rent||$1,496|
|Median House Value||$605,200|