St. Louis, also commonly known as the "Gateway to the West," has a long, rich history dating back to 1764. The diverse area is known to bring in quite a number of tourists, thanks to its many attractions — including the St. Louis Museum at the Gateway Arch and the Missouri Botanical Garden. While the tourism industry is bustling, many other industries are quickly growing in the St. Louis area.
Top Industries in St. Louis
When it comes to St. Louis, there is much to be excited about. Not only is St. Louis home to three of the nation's 100 fastest-growing companies, but it is also ranked as number thirteen in all of the U.S. as a headquarters location for Fortune 500 companies.
Within the St. Louis area, here are some of the fastest-growing industries:
- Financial & Information Services
- Health Science & Services
- Multimodal Logistics & Advanced Manufacturing
If you're looking to further your education within the St. Louis area, with focus on the highest-paying vocational careers, you'll want to consider these key areas of study:
- BJC Healthcare
- Mercy Healthcare
- Panera Bread
- Jones Financial
- Emerson Electric
- Wells Fargo Advisors
Why Is St. Louis Good for Trade and Vocational Students?
If you are in search of technical schools in St. Louis, there are plenty to choose from, both within the city and in the surrounding areas. Some of the top picks for St. Louis vocational schools include:
- Ranke Technical College - Provides programs in a vast array of areas, including automotive, construction, information technology and more.
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - Has a variety of associate degree programs and other diploma programs available in the health care industry, including occupational therapy assistant, respiratory therapy, medical assisting, pharmacy technician and more.