Colorado Springs, Colorado, situated along a mountain range in Central Colorado, is home to Pike's Peak and the United States Air Force Academy, along with two military installations.
Top Industries and Employers in Colorado Springs
The mountain town has a blossoming economy with the top and fastest-growing industries in Colorado Springs being:
- Health care
- Accommodation and food service
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Administrative and support services
- Waste management
- Public administration
Colorado Springs' top employers with some of the highest-paying careers are Fort Carson, the U.S. Air Force Academy, Peterson Air Force Base and Colorado Springs School District #11.
Why is Colorado Springs good for trade students?
There are a handful of trade and vocational schools in Colorado Springs, making it a good place for trade and vocational students:
- Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology
- Intellitec College - Colorado Springs
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Pima Medical Institute - Colorado Springs
Not only are there trade schools and opportunities for students, but the city has economic initiatives in place that may benefit trade and vocational students:
- Local Programs: The Urban Enterprise Zone in El Paso County offers state and local credits for things like new jobs, investments and research and development. In addition to the county tax credits, the local government and private sector work together to offer training programs for residents.
- State Programs: Because of Colorado Spring's business policies, there are a number of venture capital opportunities, like the Colorado Quality Investment Capital Program.
- Job Training Programs: There is the Colorado Flexible Industry Related Start-up Training program that helps place employees, and Pikes Peak Community College works with potential employees for training and job matching. Colorado FIRST grants and Existing Industry grants are available through the Colorado Office of Business Development and International Trade. These grants can be used for training programs, as well, which is another reason why Colorado Springs is a good place for vocational students.
With trade and vocational schools, plus a number of job training services and placement opportunities, Colorado Springs can be an excellent place for trade and vocational students. Learn more about trade schools in Colorado for additional insights.
Learn More About Colorado Springs
Education and Earnings
|# Enrolled in College||30,020|
|Median Earnings Without High School Degree||$20,740|
|Median Earnings With High School Degree||$27,736|
|Median Earnings With Associate Degree||$33,067|
|Average Commute Time||22 minutes|
|% Commutes by Walking||1.8%|
|% Commutes by Bicycle||0.6%|
|% Commutes by Public Transportation||1.1%|
|Median Housing Cost||$1,119|
|Median Gross Rent||$1,013|
|Median House Value||$233,100|